Although we won't charge you any booking fees for making a reservation through Vio.com, some tax or property fees may be required by the properties, banks, or local governments and municipalities.
Types of taxes and fees
- May include city tax and tourist tax, which are set by the local governments and municipalities.
- They are typically paid directly at the property, or Vio.com will collect them on behalf of the property.
- May include resort fees and other fees, which are set by the properties.
- They are either paid directly at the property, or Vio.com will collect them on behalf of the property.
- If you are traveling to the European Union, please keep in mind that the final value of the hotel fee can be increased by the local VAT tax. The exact rates can vary between the EU countries, and due to the complexity of the system, we aren't able to display VAT tax related to hotel fees beforehand. You may reach out to us to inquire about the final amount and we will contact the hotel to obtain this for you. The average VAT rate on hotel fees is around 20%.
- A deposit, also called an incidental fee, may be required upon checking in and is set up and collected by the properties.
- We strongly recommend bringing a valid credit card with enough funds to secure this transaction, as for many properties this will be required to proceed with checking in.
- It's used to cover additional expenses such as room service, minibar, calls, etc.
- If no additional expenses are incurred during your stay, the deposit will be refunded by the property.
International bank transaction fee
- Vio.com is a Dutch company. This means that when customers book on our website with a credit card issued outside of the Netherlands, it will be considered an international transaction.
- The fee is determined and collected by your bank. We recommend contacting them directly if you have any questions.
- Your bank may apply its own exchange rate and may charge a fee for the conversion. Vio.com always charges the amount and currency stated on your booking confirmation.
- This is a common process that applies to practically all international transactions, not only at Vio.com.
How to view taxes and fees?
- On the search page, you will be able to find their overview by clicking on the Deal details ⓘ.
- On the booking page, you can find more details by clicking on the Taxes and fees / Property fees related links. Other information will be displayed directly in the summary text.
On your booking confirmation, they will be summarised again in the Price details. Other information will be displayed directly in the summary text.